St. John's West Toronto
at 288 Humbersode Avenue
A.C. Miles, B.A.
Years of Service at St. John's
Notes,, Biographical Information
Arthur Chipman Miles
West Toronto Junction was expanding rapidly as a railroad centre and in 1887 St. John’s became a separate parish with Rev. A. C. Miles as the first rector. Plans were laid for the erection of a larger church and on January 26, 1890, the new brick church seating 350 was opened. The new church cost $8,737 and the frame building became the Church Hall.
Miles, Arthur Chipman. 1861-1915 Born Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 7 January 1861, son of Frederick Billing (1833-91) and Ella Victoria (Smith) (1837-1904) Miles.
BA University College, Toronto, 1884.
Wycliffe College, Toronto, 1885.
Deacon 26 July 1885; priest 1886 (Toronto).
1885-8 missionary at Elmvale with Waverley and Allenwood.
27 June 1888 married Jessie Louisa Hamilton (1856-1925) in Collingwood.
1888-93 first rector of St John, West Toronto Junction.
1893-8 missionary at Mulmur West.
1898 missionary at Creemore.
1914 rector of Sunderland and West Brock.
Died 16 May 1915.