St. John's West Toronto

100th Anniversary

at 288 Humbersode Avenue

People

A.C. Miles, B.A.

Full Name
Years of Service at St. John's

Notes,, Biographical Information

A.C. Miles, B.A.
1887-1892

West Toronto Junction was expanding rapidly as a railroad centre and in 1887 St. John’s became a separate parish with Rev. A. C. Miles as the first rector. Plans were laid for the erection of a larger church and on January 26, 1890, the new brick church seating 350 was opened. The new church cost $8,737 and the frame building became the Church Hall.

information gathered from various sources