St. John's West Toronto

100th Anniversary

at 288 Humbersode Avenue


A.C. Miles, B.A.

Full Name
Years of Service at St. John's

Notes,, Biographical Information

A.C. Miles, B.A.

West Toronto Junction was expanding rapidly as a railroad centre and in 1887 St. John’s became a separate parish with Rev. A. C. Miles as the first rector. Plans were laid for the erection of a larger church and on January 26, 1890, the new brick church seating 350 was opened. The new church cost $8,737 and the frame building became the Church Hall.

information gathered from various sources